Translate This Page

'Make studying in Australia your pathway to a bright future'

Study in Australia
Great Barrier Reef

Working Holiday Maker (WHM) visa program

The Working Holiday Maker (WHM) program’s purpose is to foster closer ties and cultural exchange between Australia and partner countries, with particular emphasis on young adults.

In 2012-2013 38,862young internationals aged between18 and 30 years of age came to Australia on the Working Holiday Maker Visa program.

Contact us Now to commence your journey!

Visa Conditions

Students on Working Holiday Visa and Work & Holiday Visa can stay in Australia for 12 months. During this12 months, you can live, work and travel, as well as study for not more than 4 months. If you work, you cannot work for the same employer for more than 6 months. 

These students often seek seasonal harvesting jobs, construction and mining related jobs in rural areas as they pay relatively well compared with clerical, retail sales and hospitality jobs in the cities. Wages range between $22 to $30 per hour depending on the type and locality of the job.



Lady Musgrave Island
Opera House Sydney

Two Types of Visa

There are two types of working holiday visa options available:

Option 1 - Working Holiday Visa (WHV subclass 417). Only passport holders of Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, HKSAR, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom can apply. You can apply for a second WHV subclass 417 Visa if you have worked in a regional area for more than 88 days during the first WHV period.  This means that you could qualify to stay in Australia for a second 12 month period.

Option 2 - Work & Holiday Visa (subclass 462). Only passport holders of Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Thailand, Turkey and the USA can apply. There are additional requirements relating to this type of Visa such as academic qualification and English ability. Applicants must also obtain a support letter from home government.

For information on eligibility and obligations regarding these visas, please refer to DIBP's website

Copyright © 2014 Electronic Business Solutions Pty Ltd All rights reserved.